Flexible study options to suit your needs:
Online learning offers all the flexibility you could ever need to balance your study workload around the ever changing needs of your lifestyle. This learning structure combines support and independent study that is complemented by high quality study materials. The qualification you receive as an online student is identical to qualifications gained on campus.
Choose from the following courses offered online:
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling)
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Community Services)
- Diploma of Applied Social Science
How it works
Units are delivered through a state-of-the-art learning portal that has been purpose built for JNI. Each unit is facilitated by a dedicated online lecturer who guides the learning process and provides academic support. Assessments are submitted and marked online. During your studies you will connect with lecturers and fellow students via group activities, discussion forums, message boards, blogs and wikis. You’ll even be able to monitor your own progress with self-review quizzes and receive immediate results and feedback.
As an online student, you will receive:
- All your study materials in the post in advance
- Personalised support via email or telephone throughout your course
- One-on-one support to help you establish goals, create study plans and develop sound study skills
- Extensive resources and access to one of Australia’s largest online libraries with over 70 million articles.
If you’d like to dedicate your time to study – and finish your degree in the shortest amount of time – full-time study is the ideal option for you.
Part-time study is just right if you’ve a busy lifestyle and want to fit study around your work, life and family commitments.
Combined study modes
For the best of both worlds, why not combine online and on campus study together? Feel safe in knowing that you may change your study mode at any stage to suit the needs of your busy lifestyle.